Need coverage? Get a quote!
What is box truck insurance?
Commercial vehicles generally need to be insured per Texas state law, but not all commercial vehicles need the exact same insurance policies. For straight trucks, businesses should look at box truck insurance policies.
Box truck insurance is tailor-made for protecting straight trucks. When compared to other commercial truck policies for larger equipment, these tend to have simpler terms and lower premiums.
What Texas businesses need to purchase commercial box truck insurance?
Texas businesses that have straight trucks are generally required by state law to insure their equipment. Commercial box truck insurance policies are usually the best option.
When financing or leasing trucks, a lender’s terms can also make certain insurance coverages compulsory. Lender-required coverages are to ensure the lender’s investment in a vehicle is protected.
Because so many different businesses have and use straight trucks, these policies are purchased by a wide variety of businesses. The following are just a few examples of the diverse businesses that might need this type of insurance:
- Regional and local moving companies
- Manufacturers and sellers of appliances
- Retailers of electronics and furniture
- Tradespeople such as electricians, plumbers, and contractors
- Regional bakeries and coffee roasters
What types of trucks can commercial box truck insurance policies protect?
Commercial box truck insurance policies are able to serve so many different businesses, because these policies are able to be adapted to lots of different trucks. Depending on their terms, policies might cover:
- Standard straight trucks
- Moving trucks
- Cargo cutaways
- Reefer trucks
- Tilt cabs
Policies that protect straight trucks with sleeper cabs are also available, although they can be more difficult to find. Businesses that have straight trucks with sleeper cabs should speak with an insurance agent who specializes in commercial box truck policies. A specialized agent will be able to find a suitable policy.
What coverages are included within box truck policies?
Box truck policies can provide an array of coverages. Some protections that businesses might want for their trucks are:
Possible Coverages Available
- Comprehensive Coverage: May cover damage to the straight truck that’s sustained outside of collisions
- Collision Coverage: May cover damage to the straight truck that’s sustained during collisions with other vehicles
- Cargo Loss or Damage Coverage: May cover damage to/loss of cargo when it’s on a truck
- Property Damage Liability Coverage: May cover damage caused to other vehicles or others’ property
- Occupational Accident Coverage: May cover employee injuries that are sustained during accidents
- Bodily Injury Liability Coverage: May cover injuries that people outside of the truck sustain during accidents
- Non-Trucking Liability Coverage: May extend certain coverages to when the straight truck isn’t being driven
- Underinsured/Uninsured Motorist Coverage: May cover accidents involving inadequately insured drivers
Cargo Loss or Damage
Property Damage Liability
Can box truck policies insure short buses?
Although box trucks and short buses might have similar dimensions, they usually have different coverage news. Box truck policies are unlikely to provide sufficient injury coverage for all of the people on a bus. For this reason, even short buses generally should be insured with bus insurance rather than a box truck policy.
How much does insuring straight trucks cost?
The cost of insuring straight trucks depends upon many different factors. Some of the details that impact price are a truck’s length, where it’s driven, where it’s parked, and what type of cargo it carries.
The easiest way to find out how much insuring a specific straight ruck will cost is by getting quotes from different insurance companies. An independent insurance agent can help with getting quotes. Independent agents aren’t linked to any one insurance company (unlike captive agents), and can compare policy options from multiple insurers.
How can Texas businesses get box truck insurance?
For help insuring straight trucks that are registered in Texas, contact the independent insurance agents at McKnight Insurance. Our agents will work closely with you to make sure you find a box truck insurance policy that’ll protect your straight trucks well.
McKnight Insurance Services Independent Agency in Mansfield Texas
Get in touch with one of our team members for questions or quotes!